PDA

View Full Version : The Flex PE8:

Keeper Oath
06-13-2015, 02:59 PM
I received my Flex PE8 this past Friday and haven't used it yet. My Flex has two stickers applied to its top housing; one warning of the maximum backing plate size of 80mm (3") and that the tool is now named is the Kompakt 3. I guess the #8 was confusing and too many people were trying to use large diameter plates.

I was playing around with my rotary and installed the handle just to try it. That's when I noticed the sides of PE8 are angled towards its nose. So, when the handle is installed it is at an awkward angle. I am assuming that all of the PE8s are like this.

Comments?

TdawgtheGreat
06-13-2015, 04:19 PM
99% of people dont use the handle with the PE8. I don't use the included handles on any of my machines as it usually promotes poor polishing techniques.

Keeper Oath
06-13-2015, 09:33 PM
I'm not planning to use my handle either. I was wondering if the other users of the PE8 also had canted handles that is, if they used mounted their handles. Are all Flex machines made with a canted grip handle?

I just thought it was odd that a quality machine maker would cant their handles forward like that. I have an email off to Flex in Germany asking them about the cant. Hopefully, they'll give me a reply soon.