PDA

View Full Version : Anyone successfully polish scratched glass?

Busymind
06-01-2015, 07:48 PM
The search function isn't working for this.

Has anyone used CG stuff to polish scratched glass?

I haven't seen the car yet but I've heard it looks like the owner tried to buff it out himself. Not sure how deep the scratches are. I need to do the car tomorrow afternoon so I don't have time to order special pads and glass polish.

I've used the V line once before with minimal success but that was ages ago when I was only experimenting. I'm not sure if it's aggressive enough.
I have a couple MF pads and the usual hex orange, black, green, white, blue pads.

TdawgtheGreat
06-01-2015, 10:22 PM
Never hurts to try with what you have. Ive only been able to get out waterspots and etching with normal paint correction pads. I've gotten very light scratches out of glass with Carpro Rayon glass pads.

Busymind
06-01-2015, 10:45 PM
Never hurts to try with what you have. Ive only been able to get out waterspots and etching with normal paint correction pads. I've gotten very light scratches out of glass with Carpro Rayon glass pads.

Yea I've added those pads to my wish list along with a specific glass polish. My only fear is making it worse. I'll have to do a test spot but I can't really do that until I accept the job. I know I can improve the glass, but not so sure about the scratches with what products I currently have.

inDetail
06-10-2015, 06:16 PM
Ceri-glass and a rayon pad. Glass takes a long time to polish out.
I actually use Weiman's Glass Ceramic stove top cleaner polish to strip gunk off my windows that nothing would touch. Have not tried it on scratches yet,

KNIGHT RIDER
06-14-2015, 08:43 PM
Didn't Greg do a video using V36 and an orange pad to polish window glass? Are you saying that doesn't work?

Keeper Oath
06-14-2015, 10:20 PM
I would check to see if Flitz makes a product for that. Also, tell your Girlfriend to stop proving to her friends that the diamond you gave her is real by scratching your car glass. :>)

MattMan
06-15-2015, 08:36 AM
Didn't Greg do a video using V36 and an orange pad to polish window glass? Are you saying that doesn't work?

This method is for removing heavy water spots or bug gut stains from glass.

Think about it: you need diamond tools to cut glass. Buffers are strong, but not that strong! There's just no practical way to remove pits or deep glass scratches besides replacing the pane.

Busymind
06-15-2015, 11:18 AM
I ended up turning down the job and explained it would be cheaper to have it replaced. I've seen light swirls get removed on other forums using different products. The value in being able to do this is because some people like to have the original glass on a car.