PDA

View Full Version : You might be addicted to detailing if...........

Dogcatcher
05-16-2015, 10:23 PM
You might be addicted to detailing if....... You buy your five year old a new bike helmet and she asks you if your going to spray the inside with "new car scent". Lol.

Feel free to chime in with some of your crazy detailing addictions.

LaBelle42
05-17-2015, 12:29 AM
You might be addicted to detailing....
...if you never leave home without at least a dozen microfiber towels of varying thicknesses...
...if, like me, you no longer use fingernail polish, instead, buff your fingernails with an orbital, using three different pads, to display the depth of their natural luster and sheen.
...if you must use three bath-tubs to bathe; one for bubbles, second one to rinse, and the third bath-tub is for my feet only. After my final pooling rinse with distilled water, I blot-off with a microfiber cloth, and finish using a leaf-blower so I stay swirl free.
...if you refer to your mother as "the woman with the embarrassing paint job."

I "hit rock-bottom" when my CG's Leather Lover's kit arrived, spiraling into a pelage-fueled abyss. I didn't eat, sleep, or communicate for days, while unceasingly searching for my next fix; I had to find more, and better, items to douse with Sprayable Leather. Nothing, no one mattered- had to keep spraying, swiping, and smiling. Anything/Everything is better with Sprayable Leather.
My obsession grew, as I quickly became unsatisfied with my usual "homemade" perfume featuring woody sandalwood and tuberose. One whiff of CG's Leather Scent, and I knew my destiny was to recreate the aroma of Grandfather's library. A week of experimentation later, and I share the aroma of an old, musty,tattered, dusty, leather-bound book. On purpose.
Protests fell on deaf ears- I got what I wanted -and I like it.
So that happened, followed by a well-intentioned intervention. When challenged to pick between friends and family, or detailing, I requested a few minutes alone. Hurriedly gave their cars a quickie-shine, so they'd look good as they rode off into the sunset. Buhbye.

ps The Betty Ford Center refused to admit me, saying I am FAR too hard-core an addict. Happy to stay a hopeless, but fragrant, detailer.

Dogcatcher
05-17-2015, 08:45 AM
...if you never touch the washer or dryer except to make sure your microfiber towels sre properly sorted and washed according to the CG video. Lol.

Two3zz
05-17-2015, 10:05 AM
You might be addicted to detailing...
If instead of interacting at the in-laws Birthday Party as one should, you where in the driveway accessing the other guests cars and then proceeded to rinseless wash and detail the rental car you arrived in!

ARAZO
05-18-2015, 08:52 AM
you might be addicted to detailing if......

while cleaning your car, you noticed the car parked next do you could use some attention. without thinking twice you pull out your ecosmart and MF towels and start sharing the love.

ARAZO
05-18-2015, 08:52 AM
You might be addicted to detailing....
...if you never leave home without at least a dozen microfiber towels of varying thicknesses...
...if, like me, you no longer use fingernail polish, instead, buff your fingernails with an orbital, using three different pads, to display the depth of their natural luster and sheen.
...if you must use three bath-tubs to bathe; one for bubbles, second one to rinse, and the third bath-tub is for my feet only. After my final pooling rinse with distilled water, I blot-off with a microfiber cloth, and finish using a leaf-blower so I stay swirl free.
...if you refer to your mother as "the woman with the embarrassing paint job."

I "hit rock-bottom" when my CG's Leather Lover's kit arrived, spiraling into a pelage-fueled abyss. I didn't eat, sleep, or communicate for days, while unceasingly searching for my next fix; I had to find more, and better, items to douse with Sprayable Leather. Nothing, no one mattered- had to keep spraying, swiping, and smiling. Anything/Everything is better with Sprayable Leather.
My obsession grew, as I quickly became unsatisfied with my usual "homemade" perfume featuring woody sandalwood and tuberose. One whiff of CG's Leather Scent, and I knew my destiny was to recreate the aroma of Grandfather's library. A week of experimentation later, and I share the aroma of an old, musty,tattered, dusty, leather-bound book. On purpose.
Protests fell on deaf ears- I got what I wanted -and I like it.
So that happened, followed by a well-intentioned intervention. When challenged to pick between friends and family, or detailing, I requested a few minutes alone. Hurriedly gave their cars a quickie-shine, so they'd look good as they rode off into the sunset. Buhbye.

ps The Betty Ford Center refused to admit me, saying I am FAR too hard-core an addict. Happy to stay a hopeless, but fragrant, detailer.

Great Reading.....too funny

Dogcatcher
05-21-2015, 07:49 PM
If you find yourself detailing your brand new pressure washer. Lol.

Busymind
05-21-2015, 11:46 PM
All I see on the road now are hazy headlights and swirled paint that needs correction.

MattMan
05-22-2015, 10:13 AM
All I see on the road now are hazy headlights and swirled paint that needs correction.

That's not from detailing addiction, that's just from paying attention.

TXShine
05-22-2015, 10:14 AM
You might be addicted to detailing if:
You do something to all your relatives cars when then come to the house. Last time my bro was here, we washed, clayed, polished, white light, jet sealed, applied white wax and Hybrid V7, all unplanned. My family is coming from Iowa for my sons graduation and instead of hanging with them, I plan to detail my mother in laws car.

You notice the poor detailing of other cars around you at a red light, walking into a grocery store, etc.

You have all of this:

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af336/asnelson15/Mobile%20Uploads/401BE2EC-E2C1-473D-ADDD-361DEE63CEBE.jpg (http://s1021.photobucket.com/user/asnelson15/media/Mobile%20Uploads/401BE2EC-E2C1-473D-ADDD-361DEE63CEBE.jpg.html)

Dogcatcher
05-22-2015, 10:51 AM
While driving through the neighborhood you notice "improper" washing technics by other people. I saw a guy with a brand new black truck. Still had the paper plates on it. The wife was spraying the truck with the hose and drying it with a beach towel. No soap. Lol. Then the husband was following behind her with a huge gardeners gas leaf blower. He was literally blowing dust and debris back onto the truck. It was like watching a train wreck in slow motion. Lol. No trying to be to assertive, I told the guy he should check out the CG on u tube. Lol.

Dogcatcher
05-24-2015, 11:17 PM
If you strip the car with with the citrus wash just so you can try out your new bottle of black light!

ARAZO
05-26-2015, 08:12 AM
If you strip the car with with the citrus wash just so you can try out your new bottle of black light!

I've done that one many times to try out new waxes and sealants

Dogcatcher
06-10-2015, 11:21 PM
Your wife tells you too get all of your detailing products out of the living room. Lol

ChandlerB
08-16-2015, 03:22 PM
You might be addicted to detailing if.. You stay up till 2 in the morning 2 nights in a row to glaze, seal, and wax your paint.

Dogcatcher
08-28-2015, 11:09 PM
Your formal dinning room table has turned into a detail bench. Lol. Just trying to get a head start on a detail for tomorrow.

ChandlerB
08-30-2015, 11:50 AM
Your formal dinning room table has turned into a detail bench. Lol. Just trying to get a head start on a detail for tomorrow.

Making sacrifices for the shine, I like it!!

Fat red dog
12-01-2015, 11:36 AM
You might addicted to detailing :
If you fart more suds than your foam cannon

ACCLAY
02-19-2017, 04:51 PM
You might be addicted to detailing if:
You do something to all your relatives cars when then come to the house. Last time my bro was here, we washed, clayed, polished, white light, jet sealed, applied white wax and Hybrid V7, all unplanned. My family is coming from Iowa for my sons graduation and instead of hanging with them, I plan to detail my mother in laws car.

You notice the poor detailing of other cars around you at a red light, walking into a grocery store, etc.

You have all of this:

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af336/asnelson15/Mobile%20Uploads/401BE2EC-E2C1-473D-ADDD-361DEE63CEBE.jpg (http://s1021.photobucket.com/user/asnelson15/media/Mobile%20Uploads/401BE2EC-E2C1-473D-ADDD-361DEE63CEBE.jpg.html)
I sure hope this is a Detailing Business and not just for your own personal vehicles! Because you my friend have it bad!😎😳! Happy Detailing!

Javier
04-20-2017, 01:21 PM
You might be addicted to detailing if...you choose to work at Chemical Guys. Nevertheless, I'm addicted.