PDA

View Full Version : Clay Eraser Disc/Clay Eraser Mitt

TXShine
05-16-2015, 07:35 AM
Has anyone tried any the new Clay products from Chemical Guys? I'd love to know how the Disc and the Mitt work. I have the Clay Block 2.0 and I'll be honest, I love the thing. It's saves a bunch of time and does a great job.

Jeremy1976
05-16-2015, 06:28 PM
I personally do not care for the clay block. I thought I would but it gets caught on edges and emblems for me and rips. Not to mention I noticed I have to work a lot harder to get contaminants off versus a regular OG clay bar. Just my opinion and experience with both. I have a new one in the package yet ready to use again but I toasted the first one I used after 3 uses.

Jeremy1976
05-16-2015, 06:41 PM
I saw the video with the clay discs. I am very interested. I had a customer detail today on a white Jeep Grand Cherokee and it was peppered horribly with brake rotor dust/rust. The clay bar would not touch it. I ended up using a orange pad with v38 to start with and that worked some, then switched to v36. Got the job done and it turned out awesome. The clay disc I am going to order up and try.

TXShine
05-17-2015, 09:58 AM
Sorry to hear about the clay block, are you using the 1st or 2nd version? I've used the 2.0 about 5 times so far and it's showing now signs of failing. I am going to give the disc and possibly the mitt a try.

tmilnthorp
05-18-2015, 01:38 PM
I have both the surface cleaning mitt and a clay eraser mitt. I haven't got to test them yet, but I have some rail dust I need to get rid of. If it ever stops raining here (hopefully this weekend) I will let you know how they go :)

Busymind
05-19-2015, 08:48 PM
I saw the video with the clay discs. I am very interested. I had a customer detail today on a white Jeep Grand Cherokee and it was peppered horribly with brake rotor dust/rust. The clay bar would not touch it. I ended up using a orange pad with v38 to start with and that worked some, then switched to v36. Got the job done and it turned out awesome. The clay disc I am going to order up and try.

Be careful not to polish those contaminants deeper into the paint, or even worse get picked up by the pad and cause swirls.

Jeremy1976
05-20-2015, 07:01 AM
Be careful not to polish those contaminants deeper into the paint, or even worse get picked up by the pad and cause swirls.

I thought of that and tested a small spot. Everything came out perfect! Thanks

Fat red dog
05-21-2015, 04:40 PM
Is the Clay Eraser Disc the same as the Nano Skin Disc .

TXShine
05-22-2015, 10:04 AM
I don't know if they are identical, but basically the same concept.

young
06-03-2015, 08:26 AM
I have the the clay mitt medium and it worked well on two vehicles and I have three to go. Its easy to use and does the job well. Love it.

Jeremy1976
06-04-2015, 08:43 PM
I used my other clay block this last weekend on a customers corvette... It worked fairly well.