05-12-2015, 05:58 PM
I'm looking to buy some stuff from CG. So far this is what I have in mind:

Wash: Mr. Pink and citrus wash & gloss
Wheel cleaner: Diablo gel and wheel guard
Sealant: Jetseal
Wax: Butter wet and xxx past wax
Detail spray: speed wipe
Dressing: V.R.P
I'm 17 and don't have a huge budget. That's why I'm trying to keep it a little cheap. Just looking to do my personal vehicles and maybe a detail here or there. Any advice would help. Also what can I do about stains on my clear coated wheels? They're weld racing pro-stars and I'm looking to keep them shining and clean them up.

ViperGuy21
05-12-2015, 08:28 PM
What's up man! Another teenage detailer here(16), those products all look good, but have you thought about clay/clay alt. if your car needs it? Make sure you have good microfiber and sufficient tools as well as great products. Although products are the most tempting, don't make the mistake I made and get cheap microfiber! Amazon has 12 workhorse towels for $14 right now by the way!
As for the wheels, it all depends on the severity of the damage. Post some pics so we can help! You might be able to polish it out, but it all just really depends on the severity!

ViperGuy21
05-12-2015, 08:29 PM
Also, don't forget the interior! Some NONSENSE and/or Innerclean should get you started in there!

fordadict79
05-13-2015, 05:33 AM
Sweet! I was thinking of getting a bunch of each of the workhorse towels and the happy ending towels. Also some waffle weave towels. What do you mean by a wax alt? My truck will be getting repainted within a couple weeks so it should be fine. I was going to get some nonsense too. I can post pics of the wheels later this afternoon.

ViperGuy21
05-13-2015, 06:32 AM
Clay alternative-> clay block or clay mitt
If you're getting a full repaint then you shouldn't need it immediately, but will in the future. And if you are gonna polish the wheels you will want to clay them firsts

fordadict79
05-13-2015, 06:48 AM
Yeah I was going to buy the og clay bar kit for the wheels. Because that was going to be the first thing I did was wash and then clay them.

TXShine
05-13-2015, 08:26 AM
Your product lineup looks great and I would definitely consider getting some inner clean. Use the happy ending towels for removing/buffing waxes, glazes, and sealants. I personally wouldn't use the work horse towels on the paint. Use the waffle weave towels for clay lube, quick detailer, waterless wash, etc. Basically any kind of product that is a liquid. Use the work horse towels on everything else.

Welcome to the forums!

fordadict79
05-13-2015, 01:28 PM
Thank you! Would the workhorse towels be okay to use on the wheels?

TXShine
05-13-2015, 01:36 PM
Yeah, they work perfect for wheels. A lot of people use the work horse towels on their paint, I just don't prefer to. I like a softer towel just to be safe.

fordadict79
05-13-2015, 02:19 PM
[attach=config]1699[/attach

fordadict79
05-13-2015, 02:21 PM
1700 these are the wheels. What do you think I could use to clean them up and protect them? The truck will be a daily driver so I want something that will last long too.