PDA

View Full Version : Added Benefit???

jcole
04-13-2015, 05:44 PM
So I've been detailing my car with all CG stuff, and have found that with the right products (like CG), detailing your car can be an easy and enjoyable experience. But to my question: My plan was to wash car, clay bar car, glaze car, then wax with the Pete's "53 Carnuba, BUT,,, after doing the glaze step, the result was so much better than expected, that I am now wondering if doing a second glaze before applying the Pete's "53 would give me some kind of added benefit? Would greatly appreciate any and all opinions on this question.

tenblade2001
04-13-2015, 06:08 PM
IMO, layering glaze wont help much. If you are having to do that many steps before LSP, then the pain needs correction (compounding/polishing). I would glaze->seal->wax-> V7. V7 as a topper is just a final touch to REALLY make it pop.

TXShine
04-13-2015, 06:21 PM
Jcole, adding a second coat of Glaz will give it a better shine, but it's not like it's going to double it. If I were you, I would add a sealant to your process to help lock in that shine, then wax it. Of course, I am talking about using Jet Seal.

jcole
04-13-2015, 06:45 PM
So Jet Seal, then the Pete's, then maintenance from there on out???

tenblade2001
04-13-2015, 09:29 PM
Jcole, adding a second coat of Glaz will give it a better shine, but it's not like it's going to double it. If I were you, I would add a sealant to your process to help lock in that shine, then wax it. Of course, I am talking about using Jet Seal.

adding another layer of glaze will help, b/c its backfilling the imperfections. IMO, that's a lot of extra work so why not just correct the scratches :)

Agree 100% Jetseal (I use Mseal as well... I haven't noticed a substantial increase in longevity to justify the cost difference), then wax, then V7. Maintain with with a good spray wax (I'd research this or you can PM me... I think this is one area CG is lacking), topped with V7.

TXShine
04-13-2015, 10:16 PM
My comment was based on paint that doesn't need corrected. Doubling up on layers is not a bad thing and CG even gives instructions for applying a second coat of Black Light, which they don't do with any other product. I also double up on Jet Seal most times too. I never go through the process of claying, glazing, sealing and waxing without making sure the paint is in perfect shape beforehand. It kind of defeats the purpose of doing all of that with swirled or scratched up paint.

To the OP, it goes Glaze, sealant and then wax. After that it's maintanence washes until you see the wax start failing.

jcole
04-14-2015, 12:57 PM
It turned out my paint was in better shape than I thought. After claying the improvement was incredible, leaving only very fine swirl marks, then after the glaze I was even more astounded, it diminished the swirl marks to barely noticeable unless you're really looking, so that's why I thought maybe a second application would be of benefit before waxing. But now I'm considering sealing, then waxing. What is the sealant's primary goal?

Thanks

TXShine
04-14-2015, 01:08 PM
It seals the paint against UV Rays and other contaminates.

Take a look:

http://www.chemicalguys.com/JetSeal_16_oz_p/wac_118_16.htm

Here is what 2 coats of nothing but Black Light looks like.

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af336/asnelson15/ffbbd4cb5100a247e634922e5faf1e79.jpg