PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Saturn Sky

aceharley
04-04-2015, 08:32 AM
I had my Black 2008 Saturn Sky repainted in November and it has been stored in a garage all winter and now its time to take it out of hibernation. Since the new paint it has not been washed or waxed since I brought it home from the body shop. I have used several Chemical Guys products for the past 3 years on our other vehicles with great results and I am asking how do I start the care for the new black paint on my Saturn Sky.

PassatGuy900
04-04-2015, 09:46 AM
Iv owned a 2006 Chevy Colorado in black until I sold it..some great items to have is a good wash shampoo either glossworks or citrus wash n gloss..if your ocd about making your black car shine use a glaze like glossworks glaze topped with a CG wax like butter wet wax then top it with jetseal..I hope my advise helps ask any questions if you wish

TXShine
04-04-2015, 03:28 PM
Has is been covered or anything? Let's just pretend that there aren't any scratches or swirl marks or anything since its new paint.

If it wasn't covered, there is a good chance there are contaminets on it. Give it good wash using the 2 bucket method or foam cannon. Careful not to cause scratches or swirls while doing it. Dry it with a GOOD microfiber towel.

Now, put your hand in a plastic grocery bag and run it across the paint. If it's smooth as glass, your good. If it feels rough and gritty, it needs to be clayed.

Now it's time for the glaze, seal and wax. Since you have a Black Vehicle i would use the follow products in order:

Black Light x 2 coats, wait 30 minutes between coats.
Wait 30 minutes
Apply Jet Seal x 2 coats
Wait 15 minutes
Apply Black Luminous Glow Wax
Want another coat of short term protection and shine? Apply Hybrid V7.. That will help get contaminets like bird droppings, finger prints, light dust, etc off between washings.
Enjoy the deep wet shine....

The 2nd coat of Black Light and Jet Seal are optional, but you'll be happy with the extra protection.

Here is another great guide:

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af336/asnelson15/db850452229aa94211389552f7d8731e.jpg

aceharley
04-05-2015, 08:10 AM
TXShine,
Thank you for the information and I know what I will be doing next weekend. I have the majority of the products you listed minus the Black Luminous Glow Wax.

TXShine
04-05-2015, 10:23 AM
The Black Wax is awesome and is just my favorite wax for black. There are tons of other great waxes that work well with Black too.

aceharley
04-05-2015, 05:19 PM
What about Butter Wet Wax instead of the Black Luminous glow?

TXShine
04-05-2015, 05:40 PM
Better Wet Wax would do well! Here are my choices in order that I have actually used and have experience with:

Black
50/50
Petes
Butter Wet Wax