PDA

View Full Version : Pads for my Volkswagen

billy baloney
03-10-2015, 05:23 AM
I recently purchased a 2012 Volkswagen Tiguan in night blue metallic, and I was wondering which pads I should use. I remember reading something about microfiber pads for Volkswagen's. Also, any wax suggestions?

TXShine
03-14-2015, 02:08 PM
Are you talking about applicator pads or polishing pads? If polishing, that will all depend on what condition the clear coat is in. If it's scratched up you want an aggressive pad. Post more info and we'll be glad to help!

billy baloney
03-14-2015, 03:37 PM
I'm looking for polishing pads, specifically foam vs. microfiber.

inDetail
03-24-2015, 03:55 PM
You will need both with hard VW paint. MF cuts faster but foam finishes better. CG MF and Hex Logics are good. They are both made by Buff and Shine. I prefer the Buff and Shine flat pads to the Hex logics. The MF's are the same and they are the best MF for the money.
So you may need to spot compound with MF in some spots then go to foam for the rest of the car it all depends on the damage.
If you make the step to MF make sure you have a compressed air tank with a replacable or washable filter at your disposal. It's a must have for MF and makes cleaning foam easier.

billy baloney
03-30-2015, 01:41 AM
Thanks inDetail

Pottle
04-28-2015, 07:44 AM
I used Megs Foam Cutting Disc with megs UC on my 2010 VW CC and the finish came out nearly perfect. I was thinking of also picking up some microfibers pads and some megs 105