PDA

View Full Version : Best combination of Glaze / Seal / Wax for white Hyundai Veloster

PsychoAsset
03-09-2015, 08:40 AM
Hey guys,

I own an 2012th Hyundai Veloster, solid white. From the day I bought that car I always took care of the paint, but now I want to reach the next level in detailling.

The first season I used a combination claying, deep crystal polish and Tech Wax 2.0 from Meguairs. In the last year I tried out pink polish from 3 M - the beading was great, but it didn't bring the perfekt glaze I was looking for. So now Chemical Guys seems to be the new world I was looking for.

The overall condition of may car is pretty good, only minor errors and little swirls. As handwashing is not allowed in Germany (at least on private ground without special installations for the conteminated water) I use automatic car washes at least once a month... sometimes every 2 to 3 weeks, depending on the weather. The car wash I prefer has microfiber only installation, so that the cleaning is very sensitve is does not hurt the paint.

In order to get a really outstanding look AND sustainable, long lasting shine and protection, I considered the following combination:

Washing
Claying
Swirl Removing (recommendation recuired)
Glaze (Glossworks or Blacklight9
Sealent (Jetseal 109, already ordered)
Wax (XXX hardcore Wax?)

So, this is my plan:
Washing and claying as I used to do it. For claying I think the grey clay bar (medium) should fit. Which polish would you consider to work best? Or is polishing not really necessary and a glaze will fix the minor errors? Which glaze to chose - blacklight or glossworks? And will XXX hardcore wax will be a good addition onto the jetseal?

I already studied the flow chart and know in which order I have to walk through the process. But I'm not sure whether a polish is necessary as far as glazes have abresives, too. Do you recommend one or two layers of Jetseal? And is it better to top it with one or two layers of the wax? I'm not the guy who wants to spend hours a week for perfect results, but good protection 2 or 3 times a year is what I'm into. Spending more than 40 Dollars just for one wax is also not, what I'm into - I'd like to do good investments, but not buying the most expensive stuff available ;)

Anything else I have to think about?

Big thanks for your help in advance! I hope my writing is understandable and not to bad at all ;)

tenblade2001
03-09-2015, 11:11 AM
do you own a DA?

PsychoAsset
03-09-2015, 12:14 PM
Yes, I own the Meguiars DA, with finishing and polishing pad(s) that have only very little wear - but I'm willing to buy Chemical Guys Pads (hex-logic) if necessary.

TXShine
03-14-2015, 02:15 PM
I would use White over the Hard Core wax. I use it on my wife's white jeep and it looks great. The polish really depends on how it looks, you can probably get away with v38 and a light polsihing or even a finishing pad, it's entirely up to you.

GlossWurkz
03-14-2015, 08:43 PM
Wash, clay, Polish with V38 and a finishing pad, BlackLight, JetSeal x2, then wax of your choice. XXX will give the paint a goldish glow. I prefer 50/50 for my own vehicles, crystal clear and lasts for 2-3 months. JetSeal and a quarterly wax will keep your car looking tip top, and you may only need to claybar once a year after that.