PDA

View Full Version : Rotary + Microfibre for Good Paint?

mitch625
03-04-2015, 03:37 AM
Hi,

I have had my White BMW and Touareg for a year now from new and I have maintained the vehicles to very high standard meaning there are very minimal scratches and swirl marks are not very apparent.

In a month or so, I plan on doing a complete detail ready for the summer. I wish to polish both cars to get the best possible shine as well as do the usual prep and protection.

From what I understand I'll probably only need to do a 1 step polish using V36. However I have a few questions about my currently setup.

I currently own an orbital polisher which I currently use for the gel coat on the boat once a year, however I've had very little experience with it on softer / less forgiving paintwork. i'm really worried about creating holograms or more damage to my paint.

I also have a new CG Black Optics Microfibre Polishing Pad. Will this combination be all I need?

Rotary + Black Optics + V36? I heard somewhere that microfibre pads shouldn't be used on rotary machines?

Thanks in advance guys,

Darryl

http://i.imgur.com/dQUH6W5l.jpg

MattMan
03-04-2015, 08:57 AM
You cannot use Microfiber Pads on rotary polishers; you can only use Microfiber on Dual Action polishers.

As far as how many steps you'll need to do on your vehicles, you need to polish a test spot and figure out what works best for your cars. Every car has 100% different paint, and what works for one car may not work for another.

We recommend starting with a less aggressive method, then go harder from there. We normally recommend starting with V36 on an Orange Hex-Logic pad, and go from there.

I actually had a lot of success when I polished a similar white BMW with a Green Hex-Logic pad and V36. The one pass restored brilliant white finish with depth and gloss quickly and easily, but your results may vary.

Two3zz
03-04-2015, 09:36 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong. I find... Start with test spot using least aggressive. 'Adjust up' to what starts working, then you
back your way out to that perfect final finish and then top coat. All depending on conditions of course.

inDetail
03-24-2015, 03:57 PM
you can use it but not a good idea unless you are removing heavy defects or compounding after wetsanding. I would use MF over wool any day.