PDA

View Full Version : Help~ Hand polishing 2013 pitch black Camaro RS

mrse7en
01-28-2015, 10:21 PM
Hello guys.
I have a 2013 camaro pitch black with sliver stripe on the hood and there are swirl marks and heavy water spots all over the car due to lack of cleaning regularly. I live in an apartment and there is no garage for me to machine polishing the car and i do not have the money to take it to a body shop. there goes i thought about hand polishing the car myself... here are my questions. what kind of pad should i use to polish the car and once i polished with V34 OR 32 from CG, what is the next thing i should do? apply wax or something else. im new to detailing, so can someone help out please?

GlossWurkz
01-29-2015, 07:08 AM
With modern paint you will not be able to hand polish the swirls out. Your best bet is to clay bar, CG Water Spot remover with an orange pad, then glaze and wax.

mrse7en
01-29-2015, 08:22 PM
wow,,,,hand polish will not work? so the steps are wash, clay bar and use water spot remover on an orange pad then glaze and wax?

GlossWurkz
01-30-2015, 01:25 PM
That's how I would go about it first. You can get the orange hex-logic hand pads from CG. If water spot remover doesn't work you can try V34 by hand. Just don't expect drastic results by hand. (You could also layer some BlackLIght on to fill some swirls, it adds great depth as well.)

TurtlePower
02-19-2015, 03:38 PM
Removing swirls by hand is not pretty, lost of sweat and tears and results is not to great. Yes, wash & is a must and machine polishing is a must. You can try to do a test panel by hand to see if results is to your liking. Good Luck.