PDA

View Full Version : Scratch and Swirl remover Help

keith86
01-26-2015, 05:46 PM
I just received my first order from chemical guys. I have a 2015 black Chevrolet Silverado. Once I got home from the dealership I noticed I have 2 like swirl marks on the driver side maybe from a buffer they used. My question is it ok to use the scratch and swirl remover by a normal wax applicator pad? I have just the normal pads from an auto parts store micro fiber and like the terry towel type. I just don't wanna make the swirl any worse. I tried applying some meguiars wax to it and it didn't really help much. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

TdawgtheGreat
01-26-2015, 06:07 PM
I wouldn't try to fix it by hand. you'd need a polisher with the correct pad to actually correct it. You can take it to a reputable detailer, and it wouldn't hardly cost anything to have it done. Or you can put some glaze wax on it to try to cover it up until you can get it fixed. They probably buffed a scratch or something out and didnt polish it out.

keith86
01-26-2015, 07:04 PM
Which glaze do you recommend I'm new to all of this?

vezina77
01-28-2015, 08:40 AM
Black Light is the best glaze I have used to date. Worth every penny!

inDetail
01-29-2015, 04:38 PM
Meguiars M101 will remove swirls and scratches in soft to medium hard clear by hand. You will need a foam cutting applicator orange , white foam and green foam. 101 can be pricey but it's the fatest compound you will ever use. Its pad dependant as well. Glazes. Prima Amigo Hands down and it has zero issues with bonding to any LSP.