PDA

View Full Version : DA stopped working for 15 min.....normal?

Busymind
12-30-2014, 08:48 PM
I gave my pads a good spin dry earlier today. As soon as I started on my second pad, the Torq acted like it was about to start rotation, but then stopped. Digital face lit up but that was it. I called in and was told to make a video of it not working. About 15 min passed and when I started on the video, the polisher kicked back on.

Not sure why it stopped for that period of time. I'd hate to have it happen again in the middle of a customers car.

Is this normal?

Busymind
01-03-2015, 10:09 PM
Anyone? CG want to chime in? Do I have a $200 paper weight now?

TdawgtheGreat
01-03-2015, 11:31 PM
I'm not sure as to why it would stop like that. Sounds like something may be loose on the inside. I'd email customer support, since its so new I doubt there are very many people that are experiencing this problem, and few if any of them are on this forum.

Busymind
01-04-2015, 04:19 PM
I've sent them video of it like they requested, and I'm awaiting a response. The only time I've had any other equipment fail like that is when it gets too warm and shuts off on its own to protect itself. I wasn't sure if a DA is the same regardless of the brand.

inDetail
01-08-2015, 06:48 PM
not all of them have this fail safe. Pending which DA it might be cooked.

shahsmerdis
01-09-2015, 11:52 AM
Maybe a fuse blew? how many days has it been since you got it? if its less than 30 ask for a new one. i dont see why they are asking for a video.

Busymind
01-13-2015, 08:08 PM
Maybe a fuse blew? how many days has it been since you got it? if its less than 30 ask for a new one. i dont see why they are asking for a video.

I got it right before Christmas. Only used it on a few panels. It semi worked for a couple weeks but stopped again. I'm dealing with CG about it. Took another video. I just don't want to be too long without a polisher, now that I'm getting some demand. Hopefully it was just a lemon.