PDA

View Full Version : Vapor steamer

Kiaoptima2015
12-22-2014, 09:42 PM
Who uses a vapor steamer for interior and exterior cleaning. I picked one up and got to use it the other day. It is much better for cleaning carpet than a hot water extractor in my opinion. Carpet is dryer to help prevent mold, smell and return of stains. It is also a big help in door jambs, vents and cup holders. It cut down my detail time by 40 minutes.

There will be times when I need the hot water extractor but I don't think it will be my first option anymore.

Who uses one and what are your results?

jjcl23
02-15-2015, 06:50 AM
I use optima steamer and i love it awsome results

jjcl23
02-16-2015, 11:54 AM
1331 here is a pic of the steamer i use

PO'BOYSDETAILING
02-16-2015, 03:31 PM
I use a vx5000 and love it

jjcl23
02-17-2015, 04:01 PM
actually I want to buy a small one just for interiors. I am between vx 500 and daimer KLEENJET MEGA 500V

Busymind
02-17-2015, 09:44 PM
I need something to step up my game for interiors since I've been getting more requests with major stains.

This may sound stupid, but is the steam controllable in where it goes? I ask because I have a super cheap steamer designed for household use and once it starts steaming, there isn't a whole lot of control to it. I only worry about the steam getting out of hand and causing issues with electrical components inside. I've only used my cheap one on interior pieces that are removed from the car or my own vehicle. I'd hate to mess up door locks or some other sensitive sensor on a customers car. I'm getting enough demand for interiors where it's worth it to invest in either a steamer or extractor to cut down on my time.