PDA

View Full Version : Cordless buffers/polishers

russ72
11-25-2014, 06:13 PM
I take it these aren't the best things to use to due battery drainage. I live in an apartment so I really don't have access to use a cabled DA. Even though my car is basically new(6 mo. old), it has those lovely scratch marks due to improper wiping etc.. Are there any cordless buffers/polishers that is actually halfway decent to use? I've seen some but they seem very cheaply put together or paying a arm and a leg for one!

TdawgtheGreat
11-25-2014, 11:10 PM
I wouldn't, you're going to spend hours on your car using a DA. Charging and discharging batteries that rapidly wouldn't be good for them, and I doubt a cordless will have the power a corded DA would have.

MattMan
11-26-2014, 08:10 AM
I'd invest in a couple extension cords. You can also hit up a friend and do some polishing work at their spot. You'll need shade (or cover) light, and power.

inDetail
11-28-2014, 06:11 PM
Power generator. :D. Battery buffers will give you a panel maybe two before you need to swap out batteries then your waiting on batteries to charge. Like MattMan said extension cords. Get at the least 16 gauge. Read your polishers manual on extension cords requirements. They will give you a length to gauge requirement. Make sure your plugging in to a reliable outlet.