PDA

View Full Version : Polish Advice

Supersnake900
11-18-2014, 06:49 PM
So I recently purchased a bunch of chemical guys products..
Paint correction 721
Paint correction 778
Jet sealant
Nano 3n
Deep reflection one step finish
Black light
Wet mirror

I understand some of these products do the same thing, and are very similar but just wanted to get them and try them on a few of my cars and my fathers.. So my question is I understand that after the car is washed and clay bar that paint correction 721 is used then 778, then nano 3n, jet seal or black light then favorite wax... When would wet mirror or deep reflection be used, and is it even necessary.. Also is my order of products right ? And what order would you guys use products in

tenblade2001
11-18-2014, 09:22 PM
Wash->clay-> (I rewash to get the clay residue off)-> polish (paint correction)-> glaze (deep reflections/wet mirror)-> seal (jet seal)-> wax

Mattman may want to chime in... I wonder how useful it is to add sealant after deep reflections (its kinda of an AIO...ie it has wax and glaze in one step, so it might inhibit the sealant from bonding). If you really correct the paint, you shouldn't need a glaze, IMO, since the superficial swirls will be removed..at least that's how I think about it. I use the glazes b/c I have not done a full paint correction on my car and I have some minor swirls. Take a look at the flowchart on the main website under "how to videos"
GL

Supersnake900
11-19-2014, 06:53 AM
Alright so I will probs not use mirror or deep reflections considering it sounds like over kill.. I have polished cars before and sealed and all of that good stuff but was using Adams Polishes 2 step polish... All of my chemical guys polish and supplies come in on Friday and I am trying to get the correct order of this stuff to really be able to compare... From what I have read I should wash,clay, 721,778, nano 3n finish polish, jet seal, and wax....what does everyone think with that, not sure exactly where deep reflection or wet mirror or any kind glaze would be used in this equation.... So does this sound like correct order and where in this would a glaze be used.. After jet seal? And does it even make sense to use wet mirror or deep reflections in this at all? Please someone shed some light for me :confused:

Cal Blacksmith
11-19-2014, 07:15 AM
You do have some multiples of products.

The whole process is Wash, clay, correct, fill if wanted/needed, seal then wax. Yes there are lots of "steps" in between"
The flow chart is here, you use as much as needed. Sometimes you need it all, sometimes you can skip steps depending on the condition of the paint.
http://www.chemicalguys.com/HOW_TO_ARTICLES_s/338.htm

Wet Mirror + Jetseal = ~ Blacklight (which is a glaze that also seals, it is a combo product)

You can choose a compound or a polish to remove the imperfections. For the most part, compounds are "stronger" than polishes though there is a lot of overlap in abilities.

The goal is to remove the damage while removing as little paint as possible. It all depends on your car(how hard your paint is), the type of damage, the volume of damage

You might need to do a 3 step if you have very hard paint and a lot of damage or you might get away with a 1 step for light damage and a soft paint, it all depends so you need to start light and see what happens. You only have so much clear coat on the car and once it is gone, it is gone.

Compounds and polish, remove defects but leave the paint "raw" with no protection.

Glazes such as Mirror Finish or Blacklight, fill in small scratches and imperfections.

Sealant like Jet Seal protects anything under it so if you did a correction that left some small imperfections but you do not want to remove any more clear coat, you then use a glaze and most if not all the imperfections dissapear but the effect is only temporary so you add a sealer above the glaze to protect the glaze and the raw paint for as long as possible.

Sealant lasts longer than wax, both offer protection. Jet Seal lasts about a year while a good wax may only be a couple months. Wax can be applied over a seal to slightly alter the look. The shine comes from the perfected paint, wax is not a shine, it is a protecting product.

Consider the following example.
You do not wax your silverware to get it to shine, you polish it then you seal it to keep it looking good longer.

DEEP REFLECTIONS 1-STEP is just that, a one step product that combines a glaze and a wax so you do 2 steps or operations at one time. It is not a sealer, it is a wax.

Supersnake900
11-19-2014, 07:44 AM
Thanks, so I drive a 2013 jeep srt8, light silver.. It has some swirl marks,and minor scratches nothing to crazy., THAT I WANT REMOVED and protected for the winter coming. I got all the supplies to test out on my cars, and my fathers, and to increase my knowledge and skills.. Hoping to start a weekend detail business with roommate this spring. Out of these supplies

Paint correction 721
Paint correction 778
Jet sealant
Nano 3n
Deep reflection one step finish
Black light
Wet mirror
Adams polish glaze

What would you recommend I use, and the proper order ? I have clay bar and everything else.. Sorry I know I'm kind of being difficult lol just need the order written in front of me and I'm good to go

Supersnake900
11-19-2014, 07:49 AM
Chart is not visible on computer, don't know why

cghector
11-19-2014, 08:25 AM
wash, clay, rewash (if needed), Paint Correction 721, Paint Correction 778, Nano 3n, any type of glaze (Black Light, Wet Mirror, Deep Reflection), follow with JetSeal then top it with any wax. Here's a link to our flowchart so you can get a better idea on how to achieve the best detail! http://www.chemicalguys.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/detailingflowchat.jpg

Cal Blacksmith
11-19-2014, 10:09 AM
To the conversation that has not been said yet, you will need a buffer, you can not do it by hand.

shahsmerdis
11-19-2014, 10:34 AM
To the conversation that has not been said yet, you will need a buffer, you can not do it by hand.

yes, you will hate yourself and it will not be consistent

tenblade2001
11-19-2014, 10:42 AM
yes, you will hate yourself and it will not be consistent

agree 100%... I was assuming that you had one. If not, 7424 is great! its easy to use and near impossible to damage paint.

Supersnake900
11-19-2014, 04:40 PM
No worries i have a DA

Supersnake900
11-19-2014, 04:42 PM
and thanks you !!