PDA

View Full Version : dealership installed swirls

Fernie
11-13-2014, 10:26 PM
So I took my MKX 2014 Lincoln for a service check up because it start burning fuel like crazy I mean this thing is a V6 normal for an SUV and the gas was literally burning up like a countdown, I burned 15 Miles worth of gas in about a 2 mile trip. if anyone know why this could be happening please tell me because they said there was nothing wrong with it at the dealership.
Anyway the thing is that they washed my vehicle and no there is some very very light scratching on my paint I mean these things are like hairline scratches but I know they are there and I want to remove them. What is the best method to get rid of them.
I was thinking a medium polishing pad with v34?
what do you guys think?

Cal Blacksmith
11-14-2014, 05:48 AM
Start as light as possible, start with a polishing pad or a very light cutting pad and perhaps V38. Once you remove paint, it is gone forever so do not remove more than you need to for repair of the problem. Next time, tell the dealer NOT to wash the car! That is a standard instruction when I take my car in for service :D

GlossWurkz
11-14-2014, 10:20 AM
I would start light, V38 or V36 and a white pad, work your way up from there.

moparSRT
04-01-2015, 07:47 AM
I have the same issue on my Challenger. The straight line micro scratches are all over the car. I purchased the Torq startup package. I used the white pad with wet mirror finish, they were still there. I tried V38 with the white pad also. They are still there. I'm unsure how to determine which pad and product to use. The car has the Ivory Tri Coat Pearl paint.

Busymind
04-01-2015, 09:12 AM
V38 is for polishing purposes only. It won't cut. V36 with an orange hex pad is where I would start. I haven't used wet mirror finish but I believe it's classed as a glaze. A true glaze will only fill tiny scratches. They don't remove them and the results are temporary.

TXShine
04-01-2015, 09:25 AM
I would recommend trying V36 with a white pad first and of that doesn't cut it, jump to the Orange pad.. You don't want to get to aggressive with it and I really think the white pad will work best. Good luck!

tenblade2001
04-01-2015, 11:18 AM
a light polish or cleaner wax should do the trick. Whenever I take my car to the dealer or any mechanic I do two things: (1) tell the person to write on ticket "do not wash" (2) tape a sign in my car and put one on the passenger side reading "do not wash". Dealer installed swirls are a common occurrence.

moparSRT
04-08-2015, 12:44 PM
V38 is for polishing purposes only. It won't cut. V36 with an orange hex pad is where I would start. I haven't used wet mirror finish but I believe it's classed as a glaze. A true glaze will only fill tiny scratches. They don't remove them and the results are temporary.

I would recommend trying V36 with a white pad first and of that doesn't cut it, jump to the Orange pad.. You don't want to get to aggressive with it and I really think the white pad will work best. Good luck!

a light polish or cleaner wax should do the trick. Whenever I take my car to the dealer or any mechanic I do two things: (1) tell the person to write on ticket "do not wash" (2) tape a sign in my car and put one on the passenger side reading "do not wash". Dealer installed swirls are a common occurrence.

Thanks for the replies. I'll give it the works this weekend. :D

TXShine
04-08-2015, 02:45 PM

I like the idea of leaving s note on the car!