PDA

View Full Version : Just got a sand through on a new paint job

photobiker
09-26-2014, 05:39 PM
The only positive is that it's the wife's car and she was just looking for protection from the elements. I got crazy and was trying for a supreme finish. My first thought is an air brush. Always wanted one and she has accused me of sanding through so I could get one. It's on the front edge of the hood. Had a little extra paint build up just not at the location of the sand through.
Thoughts.

Thanks guys

TdawgtheGreat
09-27-2014, 06:42 PM
you could try an airbrush. You'd have to have a bodyshop mix up some paint for you, and some clear to go over it. Then you'd have to wetsand it again to get it to match the other paint.

photobiker
09-28-2014, 03:44 PM
Thanks. I just painted the hood because of the number of rock chips. Some were beginning so show sign of rust. I used a signal stage paint instead of base and clear. The last car I painted I thought I left too many sanding marks and it seems this time I got a little carried away on an edge. I only used a pint of paint for this project. With the number of dings remaining on the car I could get another pint and mix up as needed. Just never used an air brush before and it seemed like the way to go.