PDA

View Full Version : Nano Hydrophobic Coatings

kabookie10
09-15-2014, 05:53 AM
Anyone ever have experience with these. Saw some youtube video's of it going on to auto paint and it was pretty slick. Just don't know if anyone has used it. Was thinking about it on wheels possibly. And maybe paint. But i already have my truck detailed with blacklite, jetseal, 3X wax and V7. I don't think this nano stuff would want all that underneath.

MattMan
09-15-2014, 08:19 AM
those look ridiculous!

I'd be down to try it on some cars, but they're really expensive. they're formulated for "industrial" purposes, and I don't know how much shine you'd get out of them, but it'd be fun to try!

kabookie10
09-15-2014, 09:39 AM
Yes they do look sweet and a couple places makes them for auto paint and wheels. I just don't know how well it would hold up over my jet seal and waxes. I would think i need to strip it. Or wonder if i could put the nano down and then jet seal to prolong the life of the nano. I mean i wouldn't actually know what its doing since i'm not scientist and can't see the nano bonds...

XenaBimmer
09-15-2014, 08:30 PM
Is this what products like Opticoat are?

inDetail
09-17-2014, 08:41 AM
What brand coatings do you mean? You have to put coatings direct to paint they are not toppers.

MattMan
09-17-2014, 12:31 PM
I'm thinking about those coatings you see on youtube. they dip like, whole work boots and gloves, tiles, concrete, and anything else in this stuff. they throw buckets of water and mud at them, and the liquid literally jumps off the coating.

It's more industrial, and I don't think it'll shine as much as automotive coatings do.