PDA

View Full Version : Blacklight / Wet Mirror

tx beachbum
09-11-2014, 03:48 PM
Hey Guys, need some opinions or advice. Getting ready to work on my 2010 Escalade, black. After removing swirls, scratches etc... Wanting to use Blacklight then go over that with Wet Mirror and top it with a coat or two of 5050. Does that sound like a good stack? If so, what if any time is needed between Blacklight and Wet Mirror and then between Wet Mirror and 5050. I'm out of Jetseal but do have some Blitz. Is the Blitz worth adding before the 5050?

MattMan
09-11-2014, 05:08 PM
All our glazes are great, but Black Light is just my favorite, hands down. You can layer glazes if you want, but I've never done that.

I'd wait for a new order of JetSeal for the ultimate protection myself, but you can get away with topping with BLITZ, then 5050. Just remember to reapply BLITZ every3 months.

tenblade2001
09-11-2014, 10:07 PM
All our glazes are great, but Black Light is just my favorite, hands down. You can layer glazes if you want, but I've never done that.

I'd wait for a new order of JetSeal for the ultimate protection myself, but you can get away with topping with BLITZ, then 5050. Just remember to reapply BLITZ every3 months.

Matt, what is the difference between:
(1) blacklight
(2) glossworkz
(3)extreme shine.
I plan on using either v36/38 vs. menzerna 4000 (do I need to do ISP wipedown after polish, but before glaze?)
thanks

MattMan
09-12-2014, 08:17 AM
Matt, what is the difference between:
(1) blacklight
(2) glossworkz
(3)extreme shine.
I plan on using either v36/38 vs. menzerna 4000 (do I need to do ISP wipedown after polish, but before glaze?)
thanks

they all do the same thing, just to varying degrees, just like all our waxes/dressings/sealants. Glossworkz has the most cleaning capabilities/abrasiveness, but if you want the most deep wet shine, use Black Light.

you don't need to wipe down with IPA after polishing, but you can just to make sure you've cleaned off every bit of used polish and oils. The V-Line of polishes is water based, so they're not as oily as competitors' polishes.

CTW Motorsports
09-12-2014, 11:22 AM
On a black vehicle, Blacklight works best, hands down.

But if you do a lot of different colored cars like we do here in the shop, Wet Mirror is excellent too - thing is that it only gets to 80% of the effect of Blacklight on a black finish. Of course it works great on medium and light colored paints, which is my eyes is really good flexibility.

I sell a lot of Wet Mirror at shows, 5:1 over Blacklight (although with a 50% bump for BL, people might just go cheaper).

Blacklight>Jetseal>50:50, that is the order you want to follow. Make sure you claybar before the Blacklight too.

Paul

tenblade2001
09-12-2014, 01:55 PM
On a black vehicle, Blacklight works best, hands down.

But if you do a lot of different colored cars like we do here in the shop, Wet Mirror is excellent too - thing is that it only gets to 80% of the effect of Blacklight on a black finish. Of course it works great on medium and light colored paints, which is my eyes is really good flexibility.

I sell a lot of Wet Mirror at shows, 5:1 over Blacklight (although with a 50% bump for BL, people might just go cheaper).

Blacklight>Jetseal>50:50, that is the order you want to follow. Make sure you claybar before the Blacklight too.

Paul
I have Alpine White M3, 2011, daily driver. I have very minor scratches (hood) overall, I think the paint is in good condition.
So, Matt, why would someone want more cleaning i.e. glossworks...

MattMan
09-15-2014, 08:25 AM
like if you have light staining on the paint or light scratches.

Cal Blacksmith
10-11-2014, 01:20 PM
Just saying but blacklight works great on all colors not just black.
Blacklight is just a name not a color preference.

TdawgtheGreat
10-11-2014, 09:52 PM
I like using Blacklight as well, but I've recently fallen in love with Glossworkz. I've never layered glazes, so you'd be experimenting there.