PDA

View Full Version : Diablo?

O.C.D
09-04-2014, 11:28 PM
I will be detailing a friends Corvette next week, my concern is with the tires, they are heavily oxidized. My question is, will Diablo remove this oxidation or will I need to use something else like Grime Reaper? Is there a particular type of brush I should use? Any tips on this would be great, because that oxidation looks really heavy. I have included a picture so you can see what I'm talking about. Also, the black you see inside the metal is from where it was painted before, I don't think I'll have any trouble getting that off, my main concern is the oxidation. Thanks!

MattMan
09-05-2014, 09:38 AM
Diablo is a strong soap that pulls of brake dust and grime, it does not remove oxidation or polish wheels in any way.

It looks like you'll have to actually polish those wheels. Test Heavy Metal Polish on the polished lip and the machined aluminum face, see what kind of results you get.

If it works by hand and you want more speed, try it with the Ball Buster on a drill.

Then seal and protect those wheels from oxidation and brake dust with Wheel Guard.

O.C.D
09-05-2014, 11:14 AM
I was thinking I might need something else. Thanks!

cghector
09-05-2014, 11:21 AM
show us some after pictures after you detail the corvette, we would like to see your results!

TdawgtheGreat
09-05-2014, 01:29 PM
Yeah diablo is a great cleaner, but you'll need to use a metal polish to remove that oxidation.

MattMan
09-05-2014, 02:24 PM
Another point..

Given the level of degradation, especially to the black paint, it looks like the clear coat has actually failed over the whole wheel. You can try the polish and see where it gets you, but you may just have to get all four wheels stripped and redone.