PDA

View Full Version : V38/ black light

bernimac
08-12-2014, 02:28 AM
Hey guys,

Quick question, ive a 98 toyota celica and its a lovely red colour ( pretty rare cinnabar red only made in 1 year) but i've got V36 and V38 and i plan on doing a 2 stage correction, but i am not sure whether its worth getting black light after v38 and before i seal with jet seal,

also most of the youtube video put jetseal on by hand but would it be better to apply by machine???

Cheers
Stephen

shahsmerdis
08-12-2014, 07:44 AM
Black light machine shouldn't really take long to put down. you just need to spread it on. unless you are using it for paint correction.

You might be able to skip v38 and go directly to BL on a white pad since it has some mild polishes in it. (Other people can confirm this). but if you still want to use V38, just spread a thin layer of black light, should only take 20 min. Unless you are worried about the cost.

And if you have a machine, yes put jetseal with a machine, it saves you product and allows you to put down a thin layer.

Andy Comber
08-12-2014, 11:23 AM
I'm also curious about this.

I need to do a correction on a black bonnet (hood) to remove swirls and scratches. Does black light actually help removing these on its own or is it really just a final polish type product.

Some videos seem to claim it "reduces" visibility of swirls if a couple of coats are used before sealing.

I'm fixing to order some black light in a couple of days time so I'm curious as to whether to try it to cover some light scratches / swirls.

Thanks

StreetShotz
08-12-2014, 11:33 AM
From what I understand it will reduce the visibility of the swirls or light scratches by filling them in. Much like a glaze would.
I ordered some to try on one of my own cars as well as customer cars, I have not used it yet but will post up when I do.

MattMan
08-12-2014, 11:51 AM
Black Light is a glaze. It doesn't contain any abrasives so it's not a "polish." it does contain some cleansers, so you can clean up minor water spots and light stains with it as you glaze and fill light scratches on the surface.

V38 is an actual abrasive polish and will remove some paint. for more swirls and scratches, bump up to V36 cutting polish.

TdawgtheGreat
08-12-2014, 05:13 PM
Usually after a polish you'd want to use a glaze (in this case Black Light). It'll fill in the "microscratches" left behind from the polish. Leaving a nice mirror finish. Then youd want to seal and or wax after that.

bernimac
08-13-2014, 01:15 AM
ok so, i got great results from just v36 followed by v38 on my mates BMW which is in the show section but i'm doing mine now and i'm fussier! haha

Also just a question do you need to wipe panels with IPA or anything like that using the V line? we didnt with my mates car and jetseal bonded fine ( i think at least)