PDA

View Full Version : v-38 white hexlogic surface cleaner

kenny
07-12-2014, 02:31 AM
Hello
If often hear if you wanna apply new sealant or a wax you can/should claybar youre car again or wash whit some degreaser or something to buff of the previous sealant and wax layers
My question is instead of clay barring it if the paint maintain in good condition
Can you just polish the car whit a v38 and white hex logic pad
+ does it affect your paint if you do it to often since its a finishing move to bring the shine back instead of polishing ??

Thanks alot

XenaBimmer
07-12-2014, 07:22 AM
Yes this will remove any sealant/wax, or you can use Citrus Wash and Gloss diluted 1oz:1gallon water
I would do that vs polishing every time if the polish isn't needed

kenny
07-12-2014, 11:04 AM
Okay but i wanna do the polish also to reduce the swirls a little bit and get a nice shine back also
Thanks alot guys gonna buy citrus wash and gloss than do a fast v38 white hex logic polish and start the sealant wax process again !

Thanks alot guys

Two3zz
07-12-2014, 11:16 AM
Consider V38 and a Black Pad if a quick minor Polishing fits at the time.

inDetail
07-12-2014, 11:27 AM
You want to try and keep your polishing down to a minimum. Once a year and spot correct when needed. You can remove paint but you can't put it back. Once you have perfect paint practice good washing and QD technique and you will not add marring to the paint. For minor swirls you can always go with a glaze to back fill. If you have good washing and QD technique you will never add swirls back in to perfect paint.

kenny
07-12-2014, 01:36 PM
I know but many people polish there car 1 time every year i know its not good but you can also do it by hand its not nesecarry to do it whit a DA machine :D
I know its better not to but i do the right washing method
Foam gun let it stick on the car for 5-10 minutes depending how dirty my car is spray it off or wash whit washmit and 2 bucket method + dry after whit fatty dry towel and still get swirls and light scratshes on my car thats normal you always will get a few swirs or small scratches now im doubting to get a C quarts coating its like a protetive paint and lasts for a long time + no swirls that can attach anymore on the paint since the coating
+ it gives a nice deep shine also after and the washing after is sow easy dont even need to yuse any shampoo cause all the dirt just slides of sow easy .

Think i prefer that more than a nice wetlook.
Afterall detailling is also about protecting youre carr the best way and i think thats the best way whit the least maintenance :D
Correct me if im wrong please

inDetail
07-15-2014, 11:25 PM
You can avoid swirls completely. If your washing the car in circles stop. you should wash left to right. Some like to do up and down on vertical panels. If you happen to scratch the paint it's a line not a circle. When rinsing don't use the nozzle. If you have any wax or sealant as soon as the water stops running the dirt sticks to the beads. Take the nozzle off the hose and sheet the water. Drying a car with a towel will also induce marring. Since I stopped drying with a towel, sheeting the water, and using an electric leaf blower my swirls are next to none. I only need one waffle weave towel to get water on windows, around door handles emblems, sid views and the such.
BTW- Don't use a APC or Degreaser to strip paint.