PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Dodge Ram - Deep Cherry Red Pearl.

Jayincali
06-23-2014, 11:02 AM
I have used Hybird V7 in the past and love it so I decided to expand my Chemical Guys arsenal last week and purchased a handful of supplies. Once Saturday morning came, I was out there washing the truck first thing. I detailed the truck not too long ago, so it wasn't ready for a full blown detail. I did use Dawn to strip the sealant and wax off due to me purchasing Blacklight and wanting to use it.

Exterior Pant work;
Started with Wash and Wax Shampoo
Next was Blacklight applied by hand
Followed V7
Then sealed with Optimum Optiseal. I would have tried Jet seal but I still have 3/4 bottle of Optiseal leftover.

Exterior Wheels;
The Wheels were cleaned using Diablo Wheel Gel diluted to 3 parts water to 1 part Diablo. I have to say at first I was thinking to myself how is this going to work as a gel and stick to the wheels when the mixture is mostly water. Although it did start working its way down the wheel at a very, very slow rate, it was cleaning the wheel and eating all the grime it it's path as it worked its way down. I have never seen any other wheel cleaners do that as most just run off the wheel. Seems Diablo works its way under the contaminates and lifts them off the surface and carries it away as it slowly runs off the wheel. You can see the puddle of grime that ran off the wheel in the pic.

The wheels then got a treatment of Wheel Guard.
Rubber and plastic was dressed in V.R.P.
Interior was cleaned using InnerClean and freshened up with French Vanilla Air Freshener.

Here are a few pics.

MattMan
06-23-2014, 11:13 AM
great work! and great detailing process.

The only thing to check would be avoid using Dawn.. you can stain plastics and rubber with dish soap. If you want to strip wax, try using any of our non-pH balanced shampoos, like Citrus Wash & Gloss, diluted 1oz/gallon.

That is a gorgeous color! If you want to take that to the next level, try a coat of Lava
http://www.chemicalguys.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=WAC_310&Click=81022&utm_source=Social&utm_medium=Forum&utm_campaign=WAC_310

Wed Turner
06-23-2014, 11:17 AM
Very nice color. You did well making it shine!

Jayincali
06-23-2014, 11:25 AM
Thanks guys.

Since I'm pretty close, guess I'll have to head down to one of your locations and check the place out and purchase a jar of Lava.

Bunky
06-23-2014, 03:14 PM
Nice looking truck...

XaviBGood
06-26-2014, 06:09 AM
Beautiful!!! Great job!

smadrid02
07-28-2014, 04:59 AM
Great job and really a great color on that truck. Red is not my first choice but That color may make me reconsider.

Jayincali
07-31-2014, 03:32 PM
Great job and really a great color on that truck. Red is not my first choice but That color may make me reconsider.

Thanks. The pictures turn out ok, what you don't see in the pics is how much the pearl pops in the sun. There isn't that many Cherry Pearl colors around here and have been hit up many, many times when out and about if the color is a custom paint color. The wife didn't believe me until she was with me when folks approach me to ask about the color, Just yesterday I was asked yet again while in Vegas, the wife just asked if that was another truck fan lol.

Anyways, I stripped the truck down and started fresh. I didn't clay or anything in the above pics as I just wanted to use the products lol. So this time I did a full detail.

inDetail
07-31-2014, 03:57 PM
Thanks. The pictures turn out ok, what you don't see in the pics is how much the pearl pops in the sun. There isn't that many Cherry Pearl colors around here and have been hit up many, many times when out and about if the color is a custom paint color. The wife didn't believe me until she was with me when folks approach me to ask about the color, Just yesterday I was asked yet again while in Vegas, the wife just asked if that was another truck fan lol.

Anyways, I stripped the truck down and started fresh. I didn't clay or anything in the above pics as I just wanted to use the products lol. So this time I did a full detail.

They look great. Just keep track of your LSP duration sometimes diffrernt brands don't play well together and I know opti seal bonds really well to paint but I do not know if it will bond well to V7.If you want to get rid of the opti seal you have a taker.

Jayincali
07-31-2014, 09:32 PM
I just saw my process above, and found a typo.

Actual process:
Wash
Clay
Wash
Black light
Opti seal
V7 to finish.

Was wondering about opti seal bonding well to the Black Light though.

MattMan
08-04-2014, 08:15 AM
I doubt your prescribed sealant would work well in your detailing process.. all Chemical Guys products are designed to work in conjunction with one another, and are blended with the most refined techniques, and from the best chemical stocks. I couldn't say whether or not the "other" guys' products are any good, but I know that you should stick to our chemicals across your entire detailing regime for the best results.

that being said, I use JetSeal after Blacklight!

inDetail
08-04-2014, 08:28 AM
Keep track of the durability and see if the Opti-Seal works well over the BL. Figure you should get 3 months out of Opti-Seal on a car 24/7 outside.