PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Cadillac CTS

Noisemiami
06-13-2014, 04:44 PM
Have a 2014 CTS in black which I took delivery a few months ago, traded in my 2011 CTS. I happened to notice scratches, water marks, swirls/holograms all over the car. My guess the dealer installed the swirls/holograms which I didn't notice until now. What products do you recommend I use to correct this and other issues? My neighbor has a Rupes DA that I can borrow. I'd like to start fresh from square one.

Thanks for the help..

inDetail
06-14-2014, 06:19 AM
IMO I would go with Wolfgang Uber Compound or FG400 for step one of the correction. They are both very similar but the Uber is a little more user friendly and you can buy less polish. FG400 only comes in 32 oz bottles.
For a Final polish Car-Pro Reflect polish. I like both of these polishes on harder dark paint systems because they cut fast and finish down nearly LSP ready.
The Uber is aggressive compound but you control that by using different pads. They both finish down really well.
IMO these two will sve you a lot of time because you don't have to polish compounding haze away from the Uber.
Do some research on them and check out other forums and seek out other ideas.

MattMan
06-16-2014, 08:40 AM
Greg shot this great video on polishing paint that is not too bad. Check it out!

http://youtu.be/L5qtEUpVrSM

and one for one-step polishing on new paint
http://youtu.be/VCptM4J8UIM

Noisemiami
06-16-2014, 09:24 AM
This is what I have. :mad:

Noisemiami
06-16-2014, 09:26 AM
MattMan, that second video is what I have. I just posted a pic

MattMan
06-16-2014, 10:25 AM
not too bad.. looks like just some dealer-installed love marks!

you want to do the least-aggressive work to achieve the results you want because once you polish/remove paint, it doesn't grow back! a great starting point would be a one step job with V36 on an orange pad.

only bump up to V34 or V32 if the prior step did not remove the scratches for you. remove the residue, then finish with V36. a final polish with V38 on white pad is optional, but may deliver exceptional shine on your paint!

dball42
06-16-2014, 02:40 PM
i just did a 2011 cts black paint with the same dealer mess, used menz sf4500, their lightest cut with hex green pads and it finished down beautifully. then of course did protective coating of ss6 and watched the owner drool over it. that black caddy paint cleans up nicely, best of luck!