PDA

View Full Version : Polish glass?!

hokboyc22
05-29-2014, 06:04 PM
Hey guys... Was looking to polish my glass... Windshield etc... I have lots of stains and water spots from bad winter. Already used clay bar. But it didn't come off. Was gonna polish with P-40 Polish. Will this do the job?

jwarren
05-29-2014, 11:11 PM
I dont know a lot about P-40, however Greg did a video with CG on polishing glass using v36 and JetSeal. Check that out.

hokboyc22
05-30-2014, 06:24 AM
Yeah I saw that video and that's what gave me the idea.... but the only polish i have is P-40 and 271.... thats y I was hoping it would work.

XenaBimmer
05-30-2014, 08:14 AM
I'm sure it'll work, as long as its strong enough to polish off the spotting. Can't hurt to try!

Jake
05-30-2014, 08:21 AM
polishing the glass should work even if you are using P40, P40 is a hybrid-polish that starts cutting like a compound and works down to a polish. like Xena said, can't hurt to try lol.

hokboyc22
05-30-2014, 06:52 PM
It's worked.... I cleaned then clayed but spots where still there. So I polished with P-40 then topped with 2 coats of jet seal.
I'm a newbie & I've never used a machine before or polished before and I was great. I had a little extra time so I tried the machine on hood of car too... Didn't polish... Just did layer of Blacklight and topped with Black Lum Glow wax. Couldn't believe the difference. Looks amazing! Now the hood looks great and feels great.... Rest of the car not so much! Lol guess I need to find more time!

inDetail
05-31-2014, 04:57 PM
Glass is hard as a rock and usually the biggest problem is getting the gunk out of the glass first. Then cutting the defects down takes a long time.
There are several products that are excellent on glass. Ceri-glass, Duragloss Nu-Glass, DP Glass restorer are some.The other thing that will make quicker work of glass is using a rayon pad.
Either way you look at it polishing glass is slow work.

Bunky
06-01-2014, 03:44 AM
Ceri-Glass is in a definite class (much better) than Duragloss and DP Glass Restorer. They all can work on water spots but Ceri-glass can reduce / remove wiper scratches.

shahsmerdis
06-01-2014, 07:05 AM
I really can't explain how amazing the glass looked and performed when I polished it with V36 and did a jetseal coat. V36 really refined the glass, removed all the impurities, and improved viability. So when it rained all the water sheets off so perfectly. It's very sublet, but when its pouring out every extra bit of visibility helped. Also another thing you notice is when the wiper blades glide along the windshield with no friction.

One thing I may add is you may want to get a glass blade to wipe off any dusting residue V36 leaves on the windshield once you are done.

Two3zz
06-01-2014, 12:18 PM
polishing the glass should work even if you are using P40, P40 is a hybrid-polish that starts cutting like a compound and works down to a polish. like Xena said, can't hurt to try lol.

Jake with that being said, (P40 is a hybrid-polish that starts cutting like a compound and works down to a polish) could it be considered sort of an AIO? If not, what other product could you recommend.

inDetail
06-10-2014, 04:21 PM
The P40 is not an AIO the 3n version is said to be an AIO.
P40 is a DAT polish its a really good paintwork cleanser pre wax cleaner

Jake
06-10-2014, 05:45 PM
P40 is sort of like an AIO. It does break down over time. It starts cutting like a compound and it breaks down into a polish for a finer result / shine.