PDA

View Full Version : Polishing Toyota Tacoma PC7424XP

Leviners13
05-17-2014, 11:36 AM
Hi,
I recently purchased a PC 7424XP, Hex Logic Pads, and the V-Line test kit. I have a 2006 Toyota Tacoma White that has some scratches and swirls marks. I have read that the clear coat is thin relative to other car manufactures, so i was warned to be carefully with which compound to use.

I tried V36 with the Orange pad and got some decent results, sound i do some sections passes or to really remove scratches and swirls should i try the V34. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

shahsmerdis
05-17-2014, 08:23 PM
I'd do a small test area with each one and see which results you like. Make sure you tape off each small test area. Then see which results you like. Don't go to crazy, some of the deeper scratches you may need to let go. depending on how bad it is.

felixthecat
05-18-2014, 04:43 PM
I'd do a small test area with each one and see which results you like. Make sure you tape off each small test area. Then see which results you like. Don't go to crazy, some of the deeper scratches you may need to let go. depending on how bad it is.

This^^^^^^^^^^ Tape off a 16''x16'' on your hood= clean orange pad primed up w/ v34, slow overlapping passes w/ slight pressure. Spread the product out a little & then hit 6 & turn on. See how that works.

MattMan
05-19-2014, 11:23 AM
I like using the right-rear quarter as my test panel because it's usually the furthest from the driver going in/out/around the car.. (just in case the polishing goes wayy bad!)

inDetail
05-19-2014, 06:05 PM
Toyota is soft paint but don't be too concerned using a PC. It would take a lot to polish through the clear with it. Just be sure of the paint history. Have you compounded the paint has it been repainted or have body work.
Your biggest burdle with soft clear is reintroducing marring because of compound and pad selection. Try a test panel with 36 and an orange pad. Its a good combo for softer clears.